Mon-Fri: 8am – 5pm
To schedule an appointment, call (702) 731-1616. If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment we request one-day advance notice for cancellation. We reserve the right to charge for missed appointments.
- If you are bringing in a minor child for treatment you must be the natural parent or have supporting paperwork that gives you the right to make medical decisions for the child. No minor children will be seen without an adult with the right to make medical decisions for the child.
- Upon your first visit to our office it is necessary that we have all previous X-rays and medical records which pertain to your orthopaedic problem at the same time as your appointment.
Upon completion of your evaluation, you will be provided with an encounter form either by the physician or the physician’s assistant. A report concerning your evaluation will be sent routinely to the referring physician. If other reports are requested please let the assistant know at this time. You will be requested to proceed to the check-out counter located in the lobby. At this time, your insurance will be verified, and you will be asked to make any required payments, including co-payments. If you have any questions concerning your bill or insurance coverage, please ask for assistance from the receptionist at the check-out counter.
Medical Record Request
Access or Reproduction of Patient Information
Desert Orthopaedic Center provides copies of health care records upon receipt of proper notification. You may print and complete the following form: Download Form Here.
We will accept legible correspondence or other provider’s forms requesting medical records. In any correspondence, please include the patient’s full name, date-of-birth, current telephone number, mailing address and signature. If you are a legal personal representative of the patient include your name and relationship to the patient. Provide any names used by the patient that may be different from the current legal name.
It may take 7-14 business days to review your request, retrieve records from our archives, reproduce items and prepare for patient retrieval or mailing. Please indicate one of our offices for personal pick up of reproduced records.
Mail your request to:
Desert Orthopaedic Center
2800 E. Desert Inn Road, Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
Or Fax your request to: (702) 731-1616, Attention; Medical Records
Policy on Insurance and Billing
Insurance Office: (702) 731-1616
We have trained staff to deal with your insurance and billing matters, whether it be private insurance, Medicare, industrial, PPO or other coverage.
- Dr. Watson will bill your insurance for surgeon fees, doctor’s services provided in the hospital and office charges if we participate with your insurance plan.
- If you are in a health plan that we do not participate in, please be prepared to pay the first $300 prior to seeing the doctor and the balance paid at checkout after your visit. If the charges are less than $300, you will be refunded the overage.
- At the time of your appointment, please be prepared to pay any co-payments, co-insurance charges or unmet deductibles as required by your insurance policy.
- We ask for advance payment prior to surgery if you have inadequate or no insurance coverage. The fee for surgery will normally include your post operative office visits for a period of three months.
- Due to our rising patient population and rapid growth in the Las Vegas area, we request 48-72 hours for accurate completion of insurance forms for disability, etc. Allowing this time period will enable our medical staff to focus on the patient’s immediate care needs at the time of their appointment.
Charges for Treatment
Our fees are based on our knowledge, skill and services provided and are considered those prevailing in this community for services of an orthopaedic surgeon. If you have any questions about our fees, please feel free to discuss them with an account representative in our business office prior to your appointment. Having financial matters clear from the onset is preferable to encountering difficulties later on.
- All charges are expected to be paid on date of service.
- We appreciate your payment for office visits at the same time of service
- Dr. Watson cannot accept the responsibility for collecting your insurance claim nor negotiating a settlement for a disputed claim such as an automobile accident-related injury. Financial responsibility for our services rests with the patient or responsible party at the time of service, regardless of any insurance coverage.
- You will receive a monthly statement from our office to inform you of the current status of your account. If you require assistance with insurance claims or with payment of your bill, please contact our Insurance Office at (702) 731-1616. We will always attempt to work out an acceptable payment plan if your financial situation requires.
- If you have arranged an installment payment plan with an Account Representative at (702) 731-1616, minimum monthly payments of $ 20.00 are required on account balances less that $100. On accounts of $100 or more, a minimum of 20% of the outstanding balance is required each month until the account is paid.
For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
Dr. Watson participates with Tri Care and Medicare. Medicare assignment and the Medicare approved fee is automatically accepted. Supplemental insurance policies can be used to cover the 20% not covered by Medicare, and any non-covered amount the patient is required to pay.
Main Number: (702) 731-1616
The staff has been instructed to handle all incoming telephone calls. This allows the physician to attend to patients who are in the office with a minimum of interruptions. Your medical record may need to be reviewed before your call can be returned. Please be patient. If the situation is truly an emergency, please indicate this to the operator.
When you call with a specific question, please tell the operator exactly what information you need so she may connect you with the proper person.
Call us at (702) 731-1616 anytime. One of the doctors in the group is always available for advice or care for true orthopaedic emergencies. After office hours, our answering service will take your message and immediately contact one of our surgeons. Our telephone number is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.